View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:29 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrinak View Post
Hi all,
I was able to get the froyo full bundle on here and I'm positive my wi-fi is turned on, but when I go to settings to turn on the Wi-Fi I just get an "Error" message.Is there a special way I need to be turning on wireless through Windows? I've already tried to reboot and reset, but nothing has worked.Help,please?
What do you mean turning on wireless thru Windows...?

If you're using an ad-hoc network, I don't think Android will see them. You said you're using the Froyo full bundle, I assume FRX06 - did you change anything? There's a lot of testing stuff flying around, and while wifi should work OOB for FRX06, if you're using some testing elements that might break wifi.

There's also a few rare souls who wifi has never worked no matter what they do - and they need to hack at the wifi-nvram.txt file. We can cross that bridge when the time is right.