bawaji
Regular 'Geeker

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.8.0 [22-Apr-2011]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
bawaji I'm glad to hear that the battery issue is worked out!
- The only other SMS option I know of is WM and I honestly hate it.
- Sorry, I completely forgot about XDA_UC as a shortcut. Next release
- Search will be in the next release
- I'll take a look at GPS viewer, is this the same one? GPS Viewer
- If you are skinning your taskbar and softbar to match your home screen, then you will need to use the same wall paper as your lockscreen. You can't define a separate image for the lockscreen taskbar.
- The main difference isn't much now, but there are subtle differences. The background image and selected images are different, the text has different alignment and icons are aligned differently as well. WP7 is made to match the WP7 start menu.
- I didn't put the option to backup tasks and appointments because PIMbackup already does this for us.
- To be honest, I am not sure where NRG stores his files. Mine are stored in the Storage Card\XDA_UC directory.
- I haven't had any problems switching back and forth between QM and WM start menu. I just tried again to verify and it is working for me. How are you going about it and did you install anything post flash that could be interfering with it?
JMart,

Thanks for planning to include the Search function and XDA_UC shrotcut in the next update.

The text messaging is becoming very un-usable. It looks like the software is trying to index messages every time I try to create a new message or look at conversations or old messages. Wish HTC / Microsoft would get their act together!

I had installed the GPS Viewer you linked to but it is not the same software. The one I mention was in the Energy ROM. It looks similar to the Efficasoft GPS Utilities but has only the satellite view and none of the other stuff.

Looks like the windows start menu being used depends on how I access it. If I push the hardware windows button, the QuickMenu comes up. If I use the Windows soft key, the WM one comes up! Looks like all when you choose the scheme in Teya Portal, it affects only the hardware button. Not a biggie but maybe something to fix in the next ROM, assuming this is happening for everyone!

I noticed that if I choose contacts in the Teya Portal to backup, it automatically opens up the PIMBackup software. That is fine. Is there any way to add a backup all button at the bottom so everything on the page is chosen? Guess I am being lazy!

Thanks again!