View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 PM
jstn76rs
Regular 'Geeker

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodizzel View Post
Actually you don't need root to make your phone look like that. Nothing there requires it. But yeah, we'll get you sorted.

You need:
WidgetLocker
LauncherPro Plus
Beautiful Widgets
Minimalistic Text Widget
SMS Unread Count Widget
Wallpaper 1
Wallpaper 2
Stuff from this theme on DeviantArt

For the lockscreen, set the wallpaper, remove all the sliders from the screen and then add a 3x1 minimalistic text widget and put your clock and date or whatever else you want on there. I set the horizontal block to center but then justified the horizontal text to the right to get that look. Next add the SMS Unread Count Widget(s). Look inside the 'Bapedroid' file you downloaded from DeviantArt and look in the 'icons' folder. There will be icons called 'roundwhite_call.png' , 'roundwhite_sms.png' and 'roundwhite_mail.png'. Extract those and then put them on your phone. Instructions for using custom icons in SMS Unread Count widget are covered two or three posts up from this so I won't go into in this post.

Now for the home screen I've set a transparent .png for the dock icons. The shortcuts are still there, just no visible icon. For the clock/date/weather/battery I started with a 4x1 minimalistic text widget and added the items I wanted. In this case its the clock/date/weather/battery. You could add whatever you wanted. I set that up then added the Beautiful Widgets 4x1 weather with today's weather hidden and the 'Shiny' theme applied. Move the weather where you want it and then squeeze it into 3 spaces instead of 4. Then squeeze your minimalistic text into 2 spaces instead of 4 and put it to the left of the weather. Then just stretch the minimalistic text widget right over the weather widget and if you added them in that order, the weather will be on top of the minimalistic text widget.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask.
This has been one of the most helpful post I've read in a long time. Thanks.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.