View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 02:54 PM
kyderr
Regular 'Geeker

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Bluetooth is set to in Band ring on the new BT fix ROMs, so announcements won't work unless you use an app like BTAG. It was this way in the past, and it's my personal Preference.

The april 15th 29017 Energy ROM (Tax Day ROM, as I call it) is working better than ANY Energy ROM I have installed. I haven't rebooted for 48 hours, when normally I would at least twice a day.

I did run into a problem yesterday. I use the windows lockscreen. So with the New ROM and the installation of Co0kie, that was disabled, so I went in and turned on the Windows lock screen. I did not realize that the CHT lockscreen was on as well. BAD. As you may know, this will make it so you cannot unlock your phone. I was very upset. But, as it turns out. I have mapped a triple press of the back button to close the app. Because that worked, I was able to close co0kies lock screen (An obvious flaw,) change the lockscreen and save the day! Lession learned. Map the Back button to Close app, and don't depend on Co0kie lock...

Things I have noticed. The Page Pool of 0 might be a problem. I am now getting out of memory problems when running opera, as was reported previously, and was a topic of conversation among those who tried PP 0 on their own.

Everything I have done works better with this ROM. Battery Life Longer, Synchronizing faster, responding quicker in general. I think I have lost a little weight too since I had the ROM, but your mileage may vary.

I have been hesitant to try the Dialer fix, I kinda don't want to mess with a good thing. I downloaded it though, perhaps I will try it later. I also don't overclock, never got it to work right for me. I installed Co0kie 1.8.5 manually on this ROM, dunno if that made a difference.

I noticed as well that it does not keep apps open, It's real aggressive in closing them, which was not the case in the past. So with no apps open, I had 12 mb of space. I really suspect this is the page pool dynamically allocating, which can be a problem if you need more than that to open opera...

something seems to break the Gsensor control panel app. If I launch it from the Settings tab, it is fine, if I launch it from the Settings section of the Compact start menu, I get an error.

I have not seen a #777 error in Days..... Since I flashed this ROM. I am loving it.
This post has been thanked 4 times.