View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Mr. X
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Angry Birds Adventure Windows Mobile ( Sidescrolling Platform action game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
OP...I think it's pretty awesome that you spent a lot of time making this game, but unless you were given permission to make this game (it looks like a derivative work of the original game), it's looking like copyright infringement.

Copyrights cover the exclusive rights to make reproductions (most peeps know this), but it also covers the exclusive rights to make derivative works, public distributions, public displays, etc. I see some of the same characters too...

Like I said, thanks for the effort, but posting for DL kinda puts PPC at risk for contributory infringement as well.

...I hit the Thanks. Great job...just a head's up here.
Unless you're working for the developer of Angry Birds, and they are sending us a take down for something so trivial as a game that holds no similarities besides the characters (and crude ones at that), This ends here. I want to hear nothing more of this.

Why is everyone on the OP's back all the time? Let PPCGeeks worry about the legalities of the content we allow.

I call this fair use until deemed otherwise.

Here is another example of fair use that i often play.

Super Mario Bros. Crossover

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by orangekid; 04-18-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Grammar Nazi strikes again!
This post has been thanked 4 times.