View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 03:29 AM
ndno
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] [GingerBread] CM7 from Neopeek!! **Dev Preview** Not Stable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
I do NOT mean to stir up any conflict or disrepect to one of our greatest most didicated testers in any way, or the mods for that matter. For any of you watching this build for the system-ext2 version, it seems as though the Tiad of the 8th pursuasion has been busy. Please no flaming. I just want to see development of this great rom come to a little closer to the front burner. No links. I'm sure you can find it if you want to play with it. Far from stable, but working none-the-less. Sorry ahead of time for any moral violations.
Yeah, Boominsvx is right; I installed tiad8's CM7 version yesterday evening and it sure works a lot better on the TP2 than the the one available at neopeek; this is most likely due to the tweaks tiad8 puts in that build (not sure what they are but they work); with his version, data and voice work great, including a lot of the native apps (Gapps); there are still issues but it sure works better. I can't get anything to run on neopeek's CM7 build, even after switching out the RIL library. tiad8's build was a loop build, so apparently he's figured how to do the loop conversion. Of course, like what neopeek said, this is a DEV-only build that is a preview; hence there will be still be plenty of issues and it's up to the chefs/devs to play around with it and provide input, tweaks, etc to further the efforts. I'll leave it at that, don't want to stir up anything. Too bad tiad8's isn't more opened to providing his sources or credits his sources; he would sure help get this moving along faster.

Well I'm off to a new build and loving it; I'm currently running Froyo B V6 over at neopeek... smooth, fast, snappy, and stable; running it on an ext2 partition.
This post has been thanked 1 times.