View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 01:22 AM
ndno
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] [GingerBread] CM7 from Neopeek!! **Dev Preview** Not Stable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
You can try, but all the apps are still in the androidinstall file and changing them might remove permissions/cause instability.

Yes, hyc's test RIL should get you back up. The instructions aren't really that hard, and the CM7 builds will continue trying for CDMA as they have the network type set to 4 right from the start. This means you can disregard post 2 in hyc's thread. Just edit the zip file using 7zip or anything else that will allow changes to an archive. Place libhtcgeneric-ril.so in the appropriate place and run the npkinstall again.. It should be present in lib/froyo. That should get you service and hopefully stop the force closes

I wonder if thats one of the things attributing to the boot loop on system-ext2 builds.

Edit: Of course you can always adb push it in.
Woohoo, you are the man! I took hyc's latest libhtcgeneric-ril.so, put in it /lib/froyo and /system/lib and now I don't get the phone crash windows anymore and it seems like it sees a network now. I'll have to play around with this a little more and report back.

EDIT: This build is wickedly fast and I love the fine resolution of everything. Fonts and icons may be too small for the elders The touchscreen is so responsive it feels like a capacitive screen

Oh, btw, when I said I used tiad8's GingerBread ext2 neopeek build, I was just using it as a "shell"; I replaced the androidinstall.tar.gz in his npkinstall directory and generated the CM7 filesystem from scratch, I didn't overwrite his; I reformatted the ext2 partition before doing so so that I don't get any residual data from his build.

If anyone wants, I can write the steps I did to get this set up. I'll take CM7 tar.gz file, update it with hyc's ril so it should all be set up. I'll include the full bundle too.

Last edited by ndno; 04-15-2011 at 01:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.