View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:20 AM
ndno
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] [GingerBread] CM7 from Neopeek!! **Dev Preview** Not Stable!

arrrghhh, I finally got some time to try this out. I'm trying to set up the ext2 method but when I download the link you provided, it doesn't have the directory you mentioned or the MotherLoad tutorial mentions. The cm7*tar.gz file just looks like a tarred-up file of the final filesystem; it doesn't have the npkinstall folder, the AndroidApps folder, the kernel/modules, etc. I checked neopeek's original thread and the download link is for the same file.

I'm guessing I need to get the full bundle that has the full folder structure, including the npkinstall folder. I guess I would take the cm7-rc4-01042011.tar.gz file I downloaded from your post, rename it to androidinstall.tar.gz and replace the one in the npkinstall folder of that full bundle, correct? I see there's a CM6.1 bundle.

EDIT: OK, I got Cherry Pie to set up using an ext2 partition and it's running fine using the MotherLoad tutorial; I'll see if I can use the Cherry Pie bundle as a template and rename cm7-rc4-01042011.tar.gz to androidinstall.tar.gz and replace the one in the npkinstall folder of the Cherry Pie bundle and start the ext2 file system install process for CM7.

Last edited by ndno; 04-14-2011 at 02:48 PM.