View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 AM
cruise350
Regular 'Geeker

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 02/25/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
The reason this happens is that custom roms and kernels move your dalvik-cahce to the /cache mount. Android assumes that it is in the /data mount which is the same place your apps get installed and which is monitored by the system for low space. Basically the download had no place to go, giving you a download error (since the market uses /cache to store downloaded apps). Or if there was room for the downloaded file you get package error because the .dex file can't get created in your dalvik-cache.

Sprint lovers rom is based off STOCK which does exactly this... I have 170M internal free but 14M in the /cache mount
I'm trying to understand, but when I use root explorer to view my /cache mount it shows 48.9mb out of 142mb available. I never have had a problem downloading from the market and I've been using Sprint Lovers since I rooted back in July. Did you use one of those partitioning kernels to optimize your caches or something? I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, you may need to install the all in one from scratch again to see if you still have this problem.