View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 12:33 PM
djqwikcut
Almost a VIP

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 02/25/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
That's wierd, you seem to be the only one with this problem. How many programs do you have downloaded? Why are you market downloads being stored in the cache after they have been installed? Where is this cache located, when I used root explorer to find mine I was only using 13k and I've got close to 50 apps downloaded.
The reason this happens is that custom roms and kernels move your dalvik-cahce to the /cache mount. Android assumes that it is in the /data mount which is the same place your apps get installed and which is monitored by the system for low space. Basically the download had no place to go, giving you a download error (since the market uses /cache to store downloaded apps). Or if there was room for the downloaded file you get package error because the .dex file can't get created in your dalvik-cache.

Sprint lovers rom is based off STOCK which does exactly this... I have 170M internal free but 14M in the /cache mount