RChris173
Lurker

RChris173 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 screen stopped working, need to "slide to unlock"

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I really think your best course of action is to go to a Sprint Repair Store and pay the $40 or whatever to fix your screen. They can do that without hard resetting it. I just don't see any way of getting past that lock screen without a hard reset the way it is right now.
I ended up getting a replacement phone sent from Sprint via UPS. None of the stores nearby had replacement parts to work on the phone locally. I have TEP, so the replacement was covered, but I wish I could still get the data...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Have you tried remote display from the Windows Mobile Power Toys? I haven't used it on a device with a malfunctioning touch screen so YMMV.

Download details: Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys

edit- this will probbaly only work if you have an Activesync partnership already set up, or if you're able to set it up with a broken screen..
I tried using this and it seemed buggy, possibly because it is intended for legacy WM stuff? Even when testing it on my working phone, I couldn't get it to display anything.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, but I knew in the back of my head that I was going to have to face the fact that I won't be able to access the data without taking apart the phone...