View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Consigliere
PPCGeeks Regular

Consigliere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a way to view my cemail.vol (texts) on my PC?

I was wondering if anyone here knew how to view the cemail.vol on a PC. Like taking the actual cemail.vol file and opening it with a program of some sorts.

I tried backing up with PIMbackup but after 6 hours of trying to do a non-binary non-compressed backup I was getting no where. So I completed my backup with Sprite. I don't intend on restoring these texts on my phone, since this was probably the reason winmo texting stopped working and I was forced to run android on my phone for the past month to text since I didn't want to take time out to fix winmo. (Which today I got the whole "android.process.acore stopped responding" problem, which is a whole 'nother story lol)

So all I want to do is get cemail.vol opened on my PC so I can read some old texts. Forgot to save some numbers basically. There has to be a way to do this. I read somewhere else that forensic experts have this problem since they can't mess with the actual phone, and have to copy files to a computer for evidence. They use something like POOM? There has got to be an easy way to do this, lol. Thanks in advance to whoever is able to help!

Last edited by Consigliere; 04-05-2011 at 04:35 AM.