View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:32 PM
WanderingMinstrel
Halfway to VIP Status

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4g EC05 - 3/21?!?1 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
i waited on sprint this time(i got the eb13 from sammy, after the problems i saw with the 1st ota, i wasnt messin with that ota update) but they came thru this morning. woke up to an android update available. installed it, hard reset(for shits n giggs).
not bad..what i really like is that at the end of a call..i DONT have to hit the end call button. It returns to the previous screen automatically, seems that small quirk has been fixed. camcorder seems better than eb13 stock. gps seems improved, got the closest lock on me, ever in my apartment. usually it would say i was in the courtyard behind me, but the arrow is directly over my side of the roof, nice.
havent rooted or anything. also havent noticed faster data speeds, but i never had a problem with that, so i guess as long as it isnt worse its a win situation.
they just might've gotten this one right, this time.
BIGTIME CONGRATS, skee! You're the first recorded EB13 to EC05 OTA so far! The EB13 people still going crazy over at XDA over no access to it. I'm with you on the previous probs avoidance. If you've got it, there's hope for the rest of us.

BTW, Here's a late-breaking note from someone at XDA for anyone interested:

--------------------------------------------------------------
This was just posted over at the sprint boards by a tech:

~ Additional information for the FROYO 2.2 Update for the Samsung Epic ~
EB13 phones ARE receiving the update notification. Many posters have claimed there are ZERO reports of EB13 phones receiving the EC05 update or that EB13 phones will not receive the update; this is factually not true. If you are on this version and haven’t received the update notification, make sure your phone is visible to the Google servers by updating or downloading an app or game from the market. And, since the update is pushed from Google, Sprint is and was being told that all Epics would get the update within the previous mentioned 4 days but as we’ve seen, it may take a few days longer, so please be patient. Some Sprint Service & Repair Centers have received the Android 2.2 software to update the Samsung Transform manually via OTW or Over the Wire. They have not received the software for the Epic as of today, but have been told they will receive it by the end of March. Check with your local Sprint Service & Repair Center for an Epic OTW update if you still have not received the update notification by the end of March.
“Buggy” EB13 phones – We have several posts stating that EB13 was buggy from the initial install, but performing a factory data reset resolved many of the issues and made EB13 quite stable. For those stating their EB13 is problematic, we recommend a factory data reset or even better the Sprint ##RTN, (which clears the programming info as well), prior to updating to EC05. Factory reset can be done through menu, settings, Privacy. The ##RTN requires a special code that customer care can give you. These resets have been quite successful in clearing many software anomalies experienced by some Epic owners. There are many backup applications in the market for those wishing to backup more than just contacts prior to performing the reset. For those unaware of the import/export feature for contacts, it’s a menu option when in the contact application and it copies your contacts to the SD. Export sends them to the SD; Import brings them back after the reset.
Speak Incoming Caller ID Feature – This feature was available on DI18 (Android 2.1) listed under the “Text-to-Speech” setting. Text-to-Speech has been changed to “Voice Input and Output” with the Text-to-Speech being a sub option. The Speak Incoming Caller ID feature was removed. There are, however, many apps available in the market that can add this feature back to your phone. Just search Speaking Caller ID in the market.