Thread: Sprint Nexus S
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Sprint Nexus S

So who's considering buying the Nexus S from Sprint? I was going to buy an Epic until the Froyo debacle that Samsung or Sprint doesn't have a clue how to release a device without breaking something, crippling or bloating up a phone.

Yes, I know that dual core phones are around the corner and quad core possibly by years end, but how long before that power is actually used? Developers most likely aren't going to make programs for only a handful of these devices or they risk only a handful of sales. So I'd think it would be a safe bet that the Nexus S isn't going to be sluggish for at least a year (if that) and by then, the newer versions of Android should be more easily portable to the crowds after the manufacturers gain more experience with customizing it. At least the Nexus S will be updated consistently through the next few critical upgrades of Android and now that Flash and better Bluetooth support are already present, they just need to get multi-core, higher res and OS optimizations in place and we'll be sitting pretty. The only thing I'm concerned about is if the Nexus S suffers from similar problems that the Nexus One did when they tried to use it on TMobile. I hope a good amount of product testing was used to certify the phone because it would suck if it suffered the same problems that the newly released Epic had since the hardware is practically the same...

I thought I even saw somewhere that the non-contract price of the Sprint Nexus S was a mere $399. Not too shabby, contract price or not, this looks (to me at least) the way to go for the next year and re-evaluate the offerings in mid 2012. Also should be nice to have a reference phone with all the Android fragmentation going on in the market. No point in having all this dual/quad core power if there isn't much or anything to take advantage of it. I see software support being necessary in 2011 and raw power in 2012, when the OS hopefully stabilizes.

Anyone else with thoughts on this topic? Agree/Disagree?