View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 PM
bawaji
Regular 'Geeker

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.7.0 [24-Mar-2011]

Installed and ran 1.7. It is getting better and better with every release. Good show, jmart! Still a fast ROM even without overclocking and the home page setup looks great and intuitive! Youtube and plus code dialing was working fine, though I went from 60% to 20% on the battery while installing and playing with the ROM. Am charging it now to see how it lasts with regular usage.

Had the following question and request:

1. Would it be possible to place links for all installed programs in the \Windows\Programs folder? This would help add quicklinks for programs like PIM Backup, XDA_US, etc. to the home pages. Currently, I have to find the file in the \Windows folder (not an easy task if you don't know the file name) and create a shortcut and place it in the Start Menu folder.

2. Clicking on .reg files on my storage card does not import the setting to the registry. Is a registry editor program missing? Which program do I need to install? It will be nice to include this capability.

3. What program do you use to turn the data off? I do not have a data plan and use Dialup enabler/disabler to keep the data turned off. Don't know if your toggle switch does the same thing. When I installed Dialup enabler/disabler, it showed the data connection to be on even though the toggle switch in the SimClock page showed it as off. Didn't want to risk not having the data off completely. Please let me know if I should keep Dialup enabler/disabler installed or whether your program will keep the data off unless I turn it back on.

4. When acknowledging alarms, etc. you get a snooze menu with different time settings. Can I edit this list to get snooze times different from those listed (or add to the list, for example, one week, etc.)?

Looking forward to playing with the ROM some more over the weekend!

Last edited by bawaji; 03-25-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Added snooze time question