JaedenRuiner
N00b
Threadstarter

JaedenRuiner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Power Button Ceases to Work...

Ahh,
Okay, the install file is "RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA.cab" which installs the tarKim Keyboard Controller. I have deduced that this was the culprit, because this last time I have not installed it at all and so far the phone is working great.
However, I am confused by this, since this is the exact same CAB I had installed on my previous TP2, so why it would lock up this one, I do not know.

One difference though, is that I've noticed with this phone upon initial boot up, it mentions a "SIM Card Detected, switching to Global Mode". Which I do not remember from my last TP2, even though it had the same SIM card.

I have had the hardest time trying to verify in the "ppc" community with these devices locking down exactly what kind of phone is what. GSM vs CDMA, as those monikers are present in multiple places. like Advanced Networking sends SMS Service over GSM. Is that the same GSM or another?
I have been wanting to try some of the alternate ROMs out there, reading reviews and other such things, but they are rather confusing for someone who likes things simple. Some say i have to run some form of Unlocker first, others say I don't, etc, etc, etc.
The only reason, though, that I used this Keyboard configurator is because I miss the "CTRL" button from my TP1. I'm a Windows guy, and Ctrl+C,V,X works in all apps, as well as ctrl+arrow keys for moving faster. Typing in something and then going ctrl+shift+arrow will highlight words ass opposed to have to default to the touch screen and stylus to highlight larger chunks of data.
If there were another way to remap the "email" and "sms" keys on the keyboard, I'd take it.
Thanks for the pointers on the install process and maybe one of these days I have it all figured out. :P
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner