View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 AM
PPCFreak
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxb216
Hi everyone. Going to flash my first non-stock rom since I had my Apache in 2007.

I have a Rhodium (Sprint branded) that's currently running the stock 6.5 ROM.

Anyhow here are my questions:

1. My desire is to run the latest "Energy" style ROM with cookie 2.0. I assume this file is:

Energy.RHODCDMA.29017.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Mar.21.7 z

2. Bluetooth working is really important to me. I use the Plantronics Discovery 975 and the SYNC system in my Ford 2010 Escape. Anyone use these bluetooth devices successfully with the latest Energy ROM?

3. Is carrier provisioning required once the Energy ROM is loaded? Since i have Sprint I think not?

4. I did my best to read the steps to this and I believe they are:

Backup
Use unlocker at: rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php
Put phone in bootloader, run task29, put into bootloader again, run RhodiumCDMA_SoftwareUpgrade.exe (run from a PC connected to phone)

Sounds right?

If things dont work out (like Bluetooth not working) and I need to go back, I assume I flash stock ROM, relock, and flash stock ROM again?

Thanks for the great thread, very helpful...
#1: yes that is the latest.
#2: bluetooth works well. there are some issues with a delayed hangup with bluetooth.

Your steps for flashing are correct.
I would suggest right after Nrg flash you do a hard rest just to be safe. Do this before any customization.

Provisioning is not needed if you are on sprint. Beleive sprint is built in by default.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

Last edited by PPCFreak; 03-22-2011 at 06:19 AM.