View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:01 PM
pgies91
Lurker

pgies91 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [rc3][STABLE]

First off - Deck, the rc3 rom is awesome. No bugs so far for me. Loving the gingerbread and battery life.

I have a question about the GPS issue. When I flashed Deck's Gingerbread rc3 I also flashed the gapps in the OP - just as was listed, both flashed from Recovery before rebooting. Now, after reading the post again, maybe I shouldn't have done this since my GPS was working fine in the ROM I was coming from (MikFroyo 4.5). Anyway, when I flashed Deck's Gingerbread rc3 my GPS would not lock - could not get accuracy within more than 700 meters in google maps. I followed the directions on the OP - flashed back to the MikFroyo (which is sense-based) and followed the steps to a T but noticed the GPS lock issue wasn't fixed. Thought maybe you have to flash to gingerbread before it would be resolved but after flashing Deck's Gingerbread rc3 the issue still wasn't resolved.

When I first rooted my phone I made a nandoid backup that I restored (to see if that would resolve the GPS issue) but that didn't work either.

So my questions are really:

1. How can I get back to a working GPS?
2. Once I do, how do I carry that forward to Deck's (or other Gingerbread, since I think it is an incompatibility with Froyo and Gingerbread GPS's) gingerbread rom?

Thanks for any help or insight you guys can provide.