View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:36 PM
lkillen
VIP Member

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Major Battery Issues - Did I Break Something?

I don't think you gain anything by Unrooting. At most, run a permission fixer. It does a ChMod and clears permission restrictions on all your files. Rom Manager has one and I think Titanium Pro does too.

When I change Roms, I wipe EVERYTHING. With the latest RA_AMON, I go into recovery and check ALL the wipe options.

I would put on a vanilla Rom like Sprint Lover's. Use Chris's All In One install and it will refresh your radio. I think it may replace your kernel. Set your syncs as normal and then I would run only what comes with that ROM for a day or two and see if your battery performance improves.

If you still have a fast drain then you probably have a bad battery. They do not last forever and there are some lemon batteries. My Mogul's battery crapped out after about six months. It's woudl die in one 15 minute call. I replaced it with an after-market LiPo and that battery would last three days.

LiOns and LiPos batteries have a chip in them to regulate voltage levels. They chips do degrade. If you have access to another EVO, you might want to ask someone to swap batteries with you for a day. If you see significant improvement, avoid your friend.