View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Earmuffs
PPCGeeks Regular

Earmuffs is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naudel View Post
I might switch from Omnia to Tbolt. I hate leaving wm6.5 with all my familiar and very usefull programs. Hope I won't miss it too much...
I left a TP2 on USCC for EVO on Sprint (basically same situation) WM6.5 Blows ass and leaks memory like a bitch. the Capacitive touch screen on the EVO/THUNDERBOLT is so much better than the shitty resistive touch screen on the TP2. I have not missed any apps at all. If you have problems finding an app you know people on the forum will help. Enjoy the ride it will be amazing i<3MyDroid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asenduk View Post
Sadly, im leaving Sprint (EVO & EPIC)
Why are you leaving if it is sad?

I would consider leaving for Verizon's better "4G" (Which reminds me, All this 4G stuff is a bunch of gimmicky bullshit) But I'd just end up switching back to Sprint for the EVO 3D or what ever it ends up being called. Can't wait for Avatar3D And Jackass 3D on my phone ooooohhh and videos of my Nephew in 3D @ hopefully 720p or higher.

[RANT=Oh yeah and why 4G is a bullshit gimmick is because current network standards already support "4G" Speeds
for instance GSM data rates can hit I think ~15-17 Mbps and CDMA EVDO Rev.A Can hit ~7 Mbps. Now seeing as how on USCC I was getting 1.5Mbps on 3g EVDO Rev.A and when I switched to Sprint I get 900kbps to 1Mbps
how about rather than just effing me 10 bucks a month for 4G service I don't get they saturate the fully functioning pipe they already have and get me a solid 5mbps.[/RANT]

*EDIT* I WAS/AM WRONG ABOUT WHAT SPEEDS WERE/ARE POSSIBLE ON CURRENT 3g on CDMA.

Last edited by Earmuffs; 03-27-2011 at 03:32 AM.