Grateful Dave
PPCGeeks Regular

Grateful Dave is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (BYOR Edition) 3/9/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Its a long way from flashing a custom ROM to understanding what goes into one. Its like comparing driving a car and designing car. Take it one step at a time. Once you master the whole process of putting the fruits of other people's labor on your phone, you will start to see how things are put together. Then you will be able to take the next step towards creating your own stuff. Of course the whole Build Your Own Rom process that Rob has given us really helps out the learning process.

Oh, and BTW, trial by fire really is the best way to learn. Its one thing to read about it, its another thing entirely to start doing it. A lot of what you read won't really make sense until you dive in and start doing it.
Fair advice. I was just thinking about what Darren suggested (complained about ). Figuring our how to flash and what does what is a enough of a challenge for now. I just like to avoid as much fire as part of the trial as I can.

For example:

I flashed 4.2 BYOR, since then Rob posted The 4.2 Standard Edition NCIQ and
EB13 Modem Update (From DI18 or EB13 ONLY)

Should i flash the EB modem update? Just don't want to cause any problems now that everything is working great. Thanks