View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:43 PM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy
Has anyone else here played with the animation level setting for CHT? I was curious about it so i decided to change it to none, and it seems as though CHT got a bit more "clunky". So then i decided to go to the opposite extreme and run "full eye candy". To my surprise it seems to have made CHT much more responsive.

To be clear- I have no idea what the animation settings are actually changing. For all I know it only changes the levels in CHT Editor.

I'm thinking that this is all coincidental in that I flashed about 3 days ago, and may have broke the new ROM in at the same time. I also figured maybe it was similiar to how the Iphone runs; slow, but the animations make you feel like it's moving faster.

Just curious if anyone else has played with this setting and what your results have been.
I tried it myself just to see. I have been running at zero annimations for a long time. Full seems to be pretty smooth, but it cannot actually be faster. You are just being entertained...

Having said that, it has to use more processor and memory.