View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Verizon HTC Trophy Tips & Tricks !!!

Now that you got your great reviewed Verizon wireless HTC Trophy besides making calls and spending money on Xbox Live games what can you do with it and how can you make it better ?

(assuming you read this post after it's release)

My List starts here....

1. Upgrade the Memory in it. The default is a 16gb card, too small for a few music and video files, it needs a upgrade BIG TIME....Check this !

MicroSD - Card Replace - xda-developers

Step by step with pictures, EVEN a compatablty chart ! If you do it right, you wont even void your warranty ! Would you believe that some cards even make the phone run faster ?!?!?!?! Just don't buy them on ebay, as you'll get fakes 75% of the time !!!!!

2. Get a better battery. The battery in the HTC Trohpy is only 1300 mah, when I first heard this I was like...WTF ???? How can HTC put a lower battery in this phone when every other WP7 phone has 1500 mah or more?!?!?!?! People who have the GSM version of this phone claim they have to charge it every day. This needs to be adressed !

I show you the Mugen Power 1800mah battery for the HTC Trophy, claimed to give about 40% more life than the factory 1300mah battery.

The best part, you don't need an extended case for it !!!!!

A very fair price at $44.99
[HLI-TrophySL] Buy Mugen Power 1800mAh Extended Battery for HTC 7 Trophy T8686 (HTC Spark)

3. A desktop Cradle - Personally I miss the days when Phones and PDAs came with these in the box. Just drop your phone into it and start charging/sync'ing. Personally I would want one for the computer and one for my nightstand in my bedroom.

A nice easy way to charge or sync your Trophy with out having to fumble around for a cable. And you can even charge that weak battery that came with the phone just in case it goes dead on you (you can charge a 2nd battery)

[KDG-LX-HTTR] Buy HTC 7 Trophy T8686 USB Desktop Cradle with 2nd battery slot

This is what I would do, If you like this post, donate me a beer !(PM me for a link) or just hit thanks !

I hope this post helped you make the phone the best it can be !!!!

Edit: This thread was renamed due to the Trophy finally getting released and it being more fitting for a Tips and Tricks threads.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-28-2011 at 10:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.