View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wireless Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
EDIT: OK, I've confirmed that when hooked up to charger and the screen goes blank (green light blinking), wifi tethering still works. After I pulled the charging cable, the green LED blinks for a little more and then goes solid; at this point, wifi tethering stops working. I then plugged the charging cable back in (screen still blank/off) and viola, wifi tethering works again. So arrrghhh, since you have your TP2 hooked up to the USB cable (charging), wifi tethering will work when it goes to sleep (IMO, it's a different sleep than when it's not being charged, one that allows the wifi hardware to continue working).

EDIT: Also confirmed that when disabling wifi tethering, my TP2 rebooted back to WinMo; the first time it was a lockup.
Yea, disabling it does odd things as I recall. Need to look into that...

As for the charger part - it makes sense. Phone can't sleep completely and charge itself .

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
------------
Very strange. I can't get wifi to turn on. It works on the winmobile side as well as wireless tetheing, but when I boot xandroid.. it stays on 'turning on' I reformated my sd card.. re-downloaded fRX05.. it was the only thing on my card and it still didn't work.. I read in the FAQ that if you turn on wifi on the winmobile side , then booted xandroid that wifi will work. Did not for me.
Anyway, thanks to all of you who tried to help. I'm not going to worry about it any longer.
Didn't change the kernel at all? You certainly don't need to turn wifi on in WinMo... That's not in the XDAndroid FAQ, must be from Reef's ancient FAQ...

I guess if you've given up that's cool. There is another rarity that can happen with the wifi-nvram file - let me know if you want to work thru this, we can do it thru IRC sometime so it's a little easier if you wish!
This post has been thanked 1 times.