View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 09:27 AM
defiantone
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wireless Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Ok, let's break this down.

If wifi doesn't work for you, wifi tethering certainly won't. So let's figure out why wifi is broken - have you changed the kernel (zImage) or modules (modules-xxxx-tar.gz) at all? If so, you must be careful to ensure that the modules match the zImage - they are packaged together.

In addition to that, you also must make sure you remove old kernels/modules lest you mix them up!

So let's start with that - get wifi workin, then we can look into wifi tethering.

If worse comes to worse, crap the newest bundle of FRX05 - doesn't need anything to get cam working or wifi working, assuming you just drop the build on your card with no modifications .
------------
Very strange. I can't get wifi to turn on. It works on the winmobile side as well as wireless tetheing, but when I boot xandroid.. it stays on 'turning on' I reformated my sd card.. re-downloaded fRX05.. it was the only thing on my card and it still didn't work.. I read in the FAQ that if you turn on wifi on the winmobile side , then booted xandroid that wifi will work. Did not for me.
Anyway, thanks to all of you who tried to help. I'm not going to worry about it any longer.