View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:01 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX05 - "Stable" - Camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
me again, just updating my android problems to try to find help :S

When I turn off the android (not "off" but just press power to turn off screen), I can't seem to wake the screen back up, the real buttons (keyboard/volume) seem to work since I can hear them but the screen stays off. I have to soft reset it back into windows to be able to use phone again. I looked on xda and found someone suggested changing the pm.sleepmode to something else, and I've tried them all and problem still persists.
You should put it to 1 (one).

With that said, do older kernels exhibit this behavior? There was some panel collapse code added, but I thought it would only effect RHOD, not RAPH... Basically the panel on RAPH is not being collapsed at all - even tho it appears off/in sleep, the panel is always sucking power. Brightness is just set to 0 - hence the horrible battery drain.

If you can collapse the panel (along with as much else as possible) you will get much better battery life. This has helped out RHOD a lot, but caused issues with panel wake, timing, etc.

So, perhaps you should try an older kernel from the autobuild service - you won't get all the newest features, but perhaps you can pinpoint which kernel it started happening in, so we can pinpoint which commit broke sleep on your device.

FYI, the panel wake is still an issue on RHOD as well, even with sleep_mode=1. If you put it to sleep and wake it back up, it's usually OK, but still annoying. It's even worse if there's background processes running - for example downloading updates from the Market, etc.