View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 01:35 AM
cmonex
VIP Member

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *PIC* Mystery passcode screen as my phone boots.... ANYBODY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post
I saw this. 2 days ago. On my friend's handheld motorola scanner.

It's a Windows Mobile device, has a SIM card, bluetooth, GPS, everything. But his company removed the SIM and put the phone in airplane mode by default because there is no cell service attached to the device. It turns out I can make that weird password screen pop up if his phone is in airplane mode and I go to Start > Settings > Phone. It asks if I'd like to turn on the phone, and when I say yes, I get that password screen. The only difference is at the top, it says something about the SIM. Other than that, the keypad is identical. Since we don't know the password and don't have a SIM, if I exit that screen the phone stays off.

Do you have your SIM card in your phone?
yea it shows a similar screen if SIM is not present...nothing special.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
This post has been thanked 1 times.