View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 12:07 AM
racer1000r
Lurker

racer1000r is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/11*

UPDATE: Ok, so i've got bad news. I was having trouble with my phone rebooting multiple times per day. I finally did a factory reset, flashed OMJ 4.5 and hoped for the best. It was ok for a few hours then went back to it's regularly scheduled (and unwelcome) random reboots. It became so useless that I couldn't make phone calls without it rebooting on me. The issue seems to have started with the move to aamikams new base. I'm all for the speed enhancements, etc, but this is a phone that was previously bug-free. I was running just about flawlessly on OMJ's rom's prior to this.

So last night I bit the bullet and did another factory reset, and rolled back to OMJ 4.2. It's been smoooooooooooth sailing since then.

OMJ, I hope you get back to more of a stock version base, because I love your Rom's, but I'm not excited about speed tweaks and enhancements if they make my phone unusable. You have one of the most stable, and useful Rom's out there for the Evo...I'm hoping you keep that trend going

I'm a developer myself, and all of the issues I ran into felt like memory leaks. If it helps at all, I think I narrowed down the possible issue as something related to either the number of text messages I had received, or the collision of text messages with a phone call. Not sure if it was either one, or possibly both that caused the reboots.