View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:40 PM
natemcnutty
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-08: Full NAND FRX05 Testing (Data not working for some)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Lets agree on the mtd parts. Did you fully test this? My mtd parts loads and formats but its broken but i havent tested Lmillers yet since he added a new partition. I guess we could always just ignore that partition and load recovery on that specific offset.

yes please commit that kb bullsh*t on the install script on git . i saw a cp in there but i guess i forgot where the files were. I'll pull them from rootfs for autobuild.

That netd script is useless since all modules need to be loaded by android and not scripts. So dont commit that and see if the init.rc can load the modules for you on boot. Or maybe the modules are already loaded. That looks like a haretized script to me.

For the init.android. We need to just include them in /system. The initrd will check for it and load it if its named "init" (which is the official name). So for frx05, lets included it in there and i'll try to see where i can get the frx4 version. If you have them, then put em up so i can upload them.

This way we can also remove the init.android inside initrd and have the recovery version (which has its own) for more flexibility.

own installer ? ooo.. i was going to use the recovery but if you have something better then share please ..
For the mtdparts I posted, I am able to format it without any issues, but I haven't attempted to write anything to the recovery partition. LMiller's recent mtdparts just replaces the nand reference size thing for a boot partition. Not really sure if we even need either really.

Cool, I just wanted to check on some of that stuff. For the keyboard crap, I'll get that taken care of when I get home.

I thought the netd script was interesting. Didn't know if it was needed or not.

I like the idea of moving it into system as /system/init and then using the recovery version in initrd. I haven't tested it, but I should

And by installer, I just meant I have a chunk of code that checks for /sdcard/andboot/androidupdate.tgz. If found, it applies it and then renames the file to androidupdate-disabled.tgz. I saw it as a way to update system or data partition files while being able to remove replimenu, but it won't help with kernel updates or anything like that.
This post has been thanked 2 times.