View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Johnny.Bravo
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (BYOR Edition) 3/9/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Dave View Post
Thanks. Can you pint me to a link that will tell me how to Odin to EB13. Actually, I just need the right download. I saw a few on xda-developers. I found these instructions, is this correct?
Last Resort (Easiest)
  1. Download Epic4G_FroyoUpgrade_EB13_Tool.exe
  2. Install the file
  3. Run “SWUpgrade for SPH-D700″
  4. Follow the directions
  5. Congratulations! You now have “EB13″ Android 2.2.1 on your Samsung Epic 4G by Sprint!
Thanks
You can use the Samsung Upgrade Tool but it takes longer. Its sort of Odin for Dummies because all you do is follow the instructions on the screen and you can't make a mistake.

If you go back and look at the page where these instructions originally came from:

How To: Epic 4G Android 2.2.1 Froyo - BriefMobile

Look at the second set of instruction "Alternative Method (Easier)". It has the download links for Odin and the .tar file that will give you stock EB13. I'll repost it here just for convenience.

Alternative Method (Easier)

Download Samsung_Mobile_Driver_V1.3.800_For_SPH-d700_Epic_4G.zip
Unzip the file and install the driver
Download Odin3+v1.61andepic.pit.zip
Unzip the file and open up “Odin3+v1.61.exe”
Put your phone into “Download Mode”
Pull out battery
Put in battery
Push and hold “1″ on your keyboard
Power on device while holding “1″
Plug your Epic 4G into the computer
Download SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5
Place the file in the “PDA” slot
Start flashing
This will reset your phone to default settings
Congratulations! You now have “EB13″ Android 2.2.1 on your Samsung Epic 4G by Sprint!
Once again here is the SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5