View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:02 AM
bigwolfbebad
Lurker

bigwolfbebad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigwolfbebad Send a message via MSN to bigwolfbebad Send a message via Yahoo to bigwolfbebad Send a message via Skype™ to bigwolfbebad
Re: Official EB13 Bugs/Fixes Thread

Hey guys,

I'm having a few issues with my phone since the EB13 update, but I'll try to include as much info as I can so maybe you guys can help!

First of all, I didn't do the update OTA and also didn't do the update.zip method. I went to Samsung's site and downloaded the exe file that lets you update the phone and that worked fine.

My main Concerns/problems that came up are:

-.GIF animations no longer work in browsers (Either stock or Dolphin) and mind you, they worked fine in 2.1, and SOMETIMES work after I restart the phone.
-Weird Wifi error where I press Wifi in the notification window, it sits there, then if you go to settings it says 'error...'
- GPS STILL SUCKS ASS. It sucked on 2.1 for me and will randomly decided to just cycle like it's searching and not actually get a lock. Again, like with the .gif thing, sometimes if I restart it'll work like a charm. I already have GPS status, and even that isn't helping.
-Some keyboard response issues, but I can deal with that.
-Random slow downs or apps force closing.

I even tried contacting Samsung, and while they said they have heard some of these issues, they're "supposedly" fixing all of them, but in the meantime a factory reset should help. Has anyone actually done this? Does it work at all? And if so, do I just do it via the settings?

Lastly, (And sorry for the wall o' text) if anyone can recommend a good program to backup contacts/apps/sms with, it'd be much appreciated. I backed up my apps with Astro when I did the install, and the marketplace didn't recognize them, so I had to go back and manually re-download them so they'd show up in the marketplace app ALTHOUGH they were all re-installed.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I don't want to Factory reset unless I know it'll work!