View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tAIIC View Post
Thanks for your response OMJ.

I tried that. In fact, I tried going back to 4.0, doing a wipe, then flashing 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 4.5 in order. When I got to 4.3 it started to fail again. Maybe I need to flash a new base ROM? Can you recommend one please? I have the one I got from PPCG way back when you guys made the ROM's available. It's the stock rooted version. Is there an update to it perhaps?
There's no reason to do multiple flashes like that, there isnt some benefit to be gained from flashing in progression.
Just do a full wipe and flash 4.5. That's it. It is weird that you can flash 4.2 but then no others.

You may have said it before but what recovery are you on?

What may help is to use Calk's Format All zip. It cleans you out good
Flash it then the ROM. If you are super paranoid flash it twice then the ROM.
calk's_FORMAT_ALL.zip

I assume you did a re-download from the first time you had issues with 4.5? If not grab a fresh copy.

If you still have trouble you may want to try an SD card format, load only the 4.5 ROM zip and then flash.
Backup your SD first

Good luck.