View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Brent212
PPCGeeks Regular

Brent212 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Does both the CHT lockscreen and the regular winmo lockscreen follow the same backlight settings as when the phone is unlocked? If so, that's crazy, IMO. Makes the lock completely useless for anyone who wants to have their phone stay on for a long time.

I set my screen so that it won't turn off until I push the power button on top of the phone, because I've found that some video players won't keep the phone "alive" and therefore the screen will turn off after whatever the set amount of time is in the middle of a video. Maybe it was just embedded video in skyfire that I experienced this, but regardless, I'd like to set the screen to remain on for at least 5 minutes.

If I do that, it makes the lock screen also stay on for 5 minutes. So if the phone's locked and in my pocket and the power button gets hit, the screen turns on for 5 minutes, and wastes a lot of power, especially if this happens regularly throughout the day. Slide2Unlock has its own timeout setting, so I can have it turn off in 10 seconds if I want, while leaving the unlocked screen on for 5 minutes or whatever.

Do these screen locks really use the same display timeout as when it's unlocked, or am I missing a setting somewhere?