Lurker
Threadstarter

meltwater is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD][SENSE2.5TABS] Meltwater Tab Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Okay cool thanks, yea I tried searching for more with google but found nothing...

I will post this however for anybody else, which I be should follow for installing ANY new tabs:
Just replace facebook with name of tab you're installing.
In fact, by using senseUtil the process is improved (I hope):

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dual Cab Install (using SenseUtil) Instructions:
- Standard Cab for SenseUtil and a Cab for the Tab files (placed together in a single zip file).
Remember: Backup your device and data before attempting this mod. Post if you have any problems.
Dual Cab Install using Separate Cabs [meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs)-2.zip]
INSTALL:
a) Install both Cabs, in no particular order.
b) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\AddTab\SenseUtil FbTab Add to Add the FbTab to Sense.

Dual Cab Un-Install using Separate Cabs [meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs)-2.zip]
UNINSTALL:
a) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\RemoveTab\SenseUtil FbTab Remove to Remove the FbTab from Sense.
b) You can now uninstall the FbTab cab, and if desired, the SenseUtil cab too.
Note: As the references in sense have been removed, the files will have no effect on sense anymore.
c) The remaining registry entries can also be manually removed from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila all of which will start with "Facebook.".
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The process will work for any tab, basically the cab now need only contain the required files and registry entries, the sense changes are left up to SenseUtil to do.

Similar install is available for the RSSTab.

FYI:
\Windows\ManilaFull.xml is generated (if deleted) when sense starts up (it needs to be re-generated each time a tab is added or removed). - SenseUtil deals with this automatically!

Registry key iHKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\Configuration is only generated when the tabs are re-ordered in the HTC settings tab. It is referred to by sense on startup to over-ride the defined order of the tabs in the tab control file (default order). The keys must be cleared when a tab is added/removed or the references are invalid - SenseUtil deals with this automatically!