View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 04:23 AM
natemcnutty
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 01-07: Panel power on/off fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
wow i didnt realize git didnt have my cache directory. Thats some buggy shit. I made a directory and addeded but git does not have it. So when you check the gz. its there .. odd. Thanks for the fixes bro.. I guess its smarter to have the script create it. So these are good commits.

I have a BIG todo for you..

when we install new modules we just put em in data/modules. Thing is they should really be in data/modules/<uname of kernel>. Then link it back to data modules. This is so we can have different versions of modules for more than one kernel. This is a must since if you upgrade a kernel and wipe your old modules you wont be able to go back incase its a bad kernel. Also we cant use mount bind like we do now. Sometimes it locks the partition busy so we need to implement this and use links for the final product. You can do it

hmm.. maybe we need lmiller to adb and verify. Can you ssh into your phone once wifi is enabled? should give u full shell.

Edit: thanks to this im going to re-push out a new autobuild. shortly. Cache is important for cyanogen. they use it for alot.. so good call on that partition.
Sounds great. I also added the installer script to git so we can keep that consistent. I'll look into the uname stuff tomorrow. I almost always prefer ln -s or cp -a over mount --bind.