View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:53 PM
in354
Lurker

in354 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.0 (BYOR Edition) 2/24/2011

I was running v3.3 prior to eb13 and it was very fast and fairly efficient on battery life. I only ran it for about 3 days then the official Froyo came out. When I first flashed eb13 it was pretty disappointing, so I was happy to see Midnight v4.0 come to life. I've got it running pretty much the same way I had 3.3 running. Froyo itself was VERY slow on my epic, but Midnight v4.1, while much faster than stock is still much slower and not as good with the battery as 3.3. Is there some difference between the two? I realize DK28 is not the official release but it seemed I had better performance from that.

I used odin to go directly to the full eb13 release, clockwork 2.x for the rooting, ran that until Midnight 4 came out and added cw 3.0.0.6 and started with that. I've had no problems that haven't already been reported, handcent fc's, stuff like that. Just generally slower and less battery life. I used Titanium to restore my data after manually adding my apps again. Used Titanium to freeze the DRM stuff, still manually do the airplane fix for TWS after every boot. I've got no services running that I don't expect. Have I missed something here. I kind of expected the speed of Midnight 3.3 and things like that. Even with everything turned off I still don't get close to the speed of 3.3 with all of my background apps running.

Not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing. I've run quadrant and realizing this probably isn't indicative of anything it's MUCH slower now.

With that said I'm going to stick with what I have because while slower it's pretty stable and it's a huge improvement over stock.