View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
ffkip911
Bustin' ours Saven' yours

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Feb.10.2011VINdows ROMs (Neo-Sense 2021 Core is up!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
A few more ROM n00b questions...

1) I used to run S2U2 instead of built-in Lock on stock ROM. Doing that resulted in about 2mb net memory gain as the stock lock app was around 5mb. Is this still the case with latest Neodium, or does it use a different lock app ? I don't want to install S2U2 unless it gains some memory over stock.

2) To my surprise, running SKTools FreeUP RAM after closing all apps does absolutely nothing. On stock it would typically release anywhere from .5 to 3 mb RAM. Just curious as to why...

3) I saw several ppl mention a quicker battery drain vs last version. Is this indeed the case ? I don't see any battery life decrease vs stock, but now I am wondering if the previous version was even better.

BTW, this is the first time in months that I ran Sense for a day and didn't want to throw my phone against a wall. Whatever Vin did works wonders.

I did try Plutonium yesterday just to compare, and I think Neo is definitely faster. If only there was a way to get 6.5.x Outlook Calendar on 6.5...
most of the "old" mem tricks have been cooked in a while ago (SKtools) so you won't see any changes installing them. The "new" trick for mem is to remove the start menu and replace with MMaplauncher or quickmenu (all cabs are on the paperclip) this will free up about 20-25. I would suggest mmaplauncher as opposed to quickmenu. the other option is to run SPB. with OC to 729 spb 3.5.5 is very quick and stable---currently running at 90+ free. 112 free at SR.
I use the built in lock because adding S2U2 does not remove stock locker---so you will not see any mem savings.

if total free mem is what you're looking for:
don't use sense (use SPB or the mock iPhone app)....don't use CHT (it is amazing work, but if mem is what you're looking for use something not associated with sense)
remove/replace startmenu
use stock locker
shut down weather
shut down facebook
shut down twitter
delete then remove old sms and emails (in tools)
change how often your phone pulls emails
shut down parlingo/aloqa/media
use task mgr to make sure all unwanted programs are shut down

CHANGE PAGEPOOL TO 8 OR 10
compensate for the lower PP by OC to 728---748 if you can get it but 728 seems to be the sweet spot.

EDIT: after going to sms/menu/tools/remove deleted items and doing the same with email----gained 15mb free

I am currently running 106 mb free

Last edited by ffkip911; 02-23-2011 at 04:17 PM.