View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 PM
jjbehren
N00b

jjbehren is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Major Battery Issues - Did I Break Something?

Sorry for yet another post on battey life, but I think mine is a bit more extreme than just "wow, the EVO gets terrible battery life."

Now, I know that the EVO has terrible battery life. But I think I must have broken my battery some how. Example: I currently have the batterry percentage showing up in the status bar. I just played Bubble Breaker for 5 minutes and went from 77% to 71%. I went from 82% to 77% downloading Stupid Zombies.

I have Hardware 002 and Calk's EViO 2 1.8:

Went from 71% to 69% just taking the above pic and emailing it to myself.

But I've had this same rediculous battery life on the past couple of ROMs I've used (Myn's and MikFroYo). Every flash is preceeded by full wipes/factory resets and Calk's Format.

I've tried the trick that's supposed to train you battery (the plug in, unplug, charge, unplug one). No luck.

My thoughts are this: either I broke my battery somehow (I've heard that some of the trickle charging Kernels can do this, but I don't think I've used any), or maybe there's some resource conflict going on that's drawing huge power.

Up time right now is over 142, with only 33 hours awake, so that's not the problem. Been off charger for 3 hours and 20 minutes.

I've been having some issues with the marketplace seeing my installed apps after a flash and restore with My Backup Root. I'm wondering if something gets screwed up with the restore process. I'm contemplating going back to stock and starting from scratch or maybe installing one app at a time straight from the Market rather than restoring with apks from My Backup Root.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.