View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:39 AM
cardboardbox
Lurker

cardboardbox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you transfer service to a HTC Touch/Vogue running custom rom or android?

I have an old HTC Touch/Vogue that I upgraded to one of the latest Android builds a few weeks ago. At the time I didnt test anything and the phone gathered dust on my desk. Today I tried transferring service to it to see if it worked and I cant make a call or do anything with it. I get "Your account has not been validated" msg when I try to call. There are programming instructions on sprint's website:
Quote:
If you have a previously activated phone, press ## followed by the secondary 6-digit code located in the Programming Instructions section of the Activate your new phone page, followed by an additional #. Example: ##123456#. (The last # entered will not show on the display.)
I've tried this with the secondary code sent via email (have to hit dial after last #, does not do anything automatically) but get the error, "Connection problem or invalid MMI code."

Any ideas? I also have a Touch Diamond with a similar issue. I wasnt able to get it up and running until I flashed the stock rom and selected "Update Profile" from one of the menus.