View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 04:05 PM
swlaraut
Regular 'Geeker

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 12| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Here is a DRM update

After extensive communication with tech support at Overdrive media, it seems we are at another dead end.

ODM's tech (Kevin) was very helpful and we even dug int the registry, but the final verdict was the Feb 12 build (and apparently most others) simply do not have the proper files to support DRM.

Its a shame that someone with more brains than me could not figure out what files are needed, cab then up, and be done with it.

Having said, I still have 1 hail Mary to try. I have been comparing the wmdrm.dll in the rom that has working DRM and it is larger than the one's in about 3 other rom's I have looked at. I can't believe it would be so simple as swapping a dll, but.........

My problem is I can't extract the dll. I have tried all the usually stuff to no avail, un-read only, copy to card, etc. Does anyone know of a simple way to extract a dll from the rom without corrupting it?

Finally, failing all else, I will continue to test new roms and hope we get lucky.
This post has been thanked 4 times.