View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Vogz
Lurker

Vogz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 01/26/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I personally haven't used a backup program before since I am so used to flashing new updates but I am thinking either your backup that you ran possibly installed some old files or you did not wipe your system files. If you want a fail safe way to make sure you get the update perfect run the all-in-one version as it will overwrite whatever is currently installed. Just make sure to backup contacts and such.
Thanks for the quick response Chris. I ran the all-in-one version of your ROM. Before doing so I wiped the system cache, dalvik cache and cache partitions. When I first booted up after flashing your ROM, I hadn't restored any of my things from backup and the UI still seemed exactly the same as stock. I have noticed a profound increase in battery life since the flash. My phone refused to sleep on the stock ROM so my UP time and AWAKE time were always identical. Now it sleeps just like it should.

The only kind of odd thing I had to do was re-zip the downloaded ROM after I DLed it because my mac automatically extracted it.

As I stated before I wiped all the cache. What other system files should have been wiped?

I used this site for instructions for the process...
http://htcevorooting.x10.mx/wiki/ind...itle=Main_Page

Last edited by Vogz; 02-21-2011 at 01:56 PM.