View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 04:09 PM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A few questins about tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Have you tried exiting out of the wizard on your PC and trying to see if your PC sees the internet connection?
That wont work. You need the RNDIS drivers from MS. Usually found by installing A/S or WMDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Is there a .exe/.msi install file that can install JUST the drivers needed without needing to install activesync onto his computer ? or can i take the driver files from my Windows 7 x64 bit laptop and put them on his ?
Actuallly....... That might work.... You may need the 32 bit versions though. In program files\Activesync\ there should be a DRIVERS folder. You should be able to copy that ont a USB drive or CD or something and point the driver install wizard to that location. that would install the drivers without installing A/S. It SHOULD work but I have not tested it. Read that other people had made it work on XDA. Once again... It SHOULD work but I have not tested it.

Maybe someone here can upload the drivers folder for you... I cant.... Im at work....

Good luck!

-Scott

EDIT: Why are you apposed to installing A/S? And does your pop have a wifi card on his PC?

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 02-19-2011 at 04:13 PM.