View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 02:29 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Just wondering, could not find the answer...

I'm with Verizon, thinking I might move over to a GSM carrier, is it possable to use a Pre-paid sim card from a carrier to make calls and get a extended "test of their network".

I'd like to be albe to drop in a sim card and turn my phone into a GSM phone, then yank it to get back to CDMA (my main number).

1. Is this possable ?
2. Can I "disable" CDMA for a test like this ?
3. Or is it possable to run them both at the same time and just select the network to make calls off of ?

I really would like to beat on AT&T and T-moble to really test their coverage but, not get stuck in a contract where I would have 15 days to test. I don't want to find out 35 days from now it does not work in a place I need it to.

Thanks in advance !
You can definitely do this if you SIM Unlock for US networks by purchasing and running the Unlocker. Like bored said you won't get 3g data but everything else will work.