View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 AM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
VZW TP2: can I use cdma AND gsm on the same phone ?

Just wondering, could not find the answer...

I'm with Verizon, thinking I might move over to a GSM carrier, is it possable to use a Pre-paid sim card from a carrier to make calls and get a extended "test of their network".

I'd like to be albe to drop in a sim card and turn my phone into a GSM phone, then yank it to get back to CDMA (my main number).

1. Is this possable ?
2. Can I "disable" CDMA for a test like this ?
3. Or is it possable to run them both at the same time and just select the network to make calls off of ?

I really would like to beat on AT&T and T-moble to really test their coverage but, not get stuck in a contract where I would have 15 days to test. I don't want to find out 35 days from now it does not work in a place I need it to.

Thanks in advance !

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !