View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Vancer
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcJohn View Post
You are correct... Each platform and use of the phone is different... You still can't argue though... that my phone usage is the same as with 4.2 and now 4.5. My phone sits and idles all day with a few texts here and there and emails every so often... No changes made any different on the new 4.5rom when upgrading so I don't see why the increase in drastic battery lost.

However, I do see the increase in resource uses when I go to the battery monitor with 4.5 (with nothing changed of course and only the upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5). I'm sure it's a fluke so be it that it is. Too bad for me with the crappy battery life. Once I get sick of it, i'll probably switch back to 4.2 again.
Have u checked the settings I mentioned? I seem to remember a while back one of the versions had the "enable always on mobile data" unchecked already from a fresh flash but wasn't that way with 4.5 ... this and having Google talk not automatically sign in (and must manually sign out after the setting is changed) specifically are two settings that have a large impact on battery life. Give that a try and see if it helps

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk