View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
JohnBecker
PPCGeeks Regular

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Update ... After reflashing from 4.5 to 4.4 to 4.5, it seems to fix my reboot issue. It was really strange. It only reset on me once today, but that was because the BT disconnected and I used Vlingo this morning. It always resets if the BT disconnects (buggy software).

As for battery life. I have to say this. I use my phone from 6am til 6pm every day with my BT in my ear. I get the same battery life no matter what rom I'm using (pretty much). Depending on the number of a calls (and length) and tethering, I might have to charge in the car a bit on the road. It's no more than what I had with my TP2 phone. I'm happy with the battery life mainly because I got a big phone and it does what I want.

A new BT stack would be nice. Tired of having it cut off when giving me direction.

HOWEVER ... I do have one question. Where is Titanium Backup on this ROM? After flashing 30 times, I can guarantee it's not in either 4.4 or 4.5. I had to download it to restore my settings. It does not show up in the menu. Also ... reinstalling the removed apps seems to be an impossible task. Nothing I did would get Footprints back. It won't flash, moved it to /system (no go)... dunno what to do next. Even tried a flashable version that someone posted. It said it was corrupt and invalid. So I gave up.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!