CYNICALifornia
PPCGeeks Regular

CYNICALifornia is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcJohn View Post
Have any of you all notice that the 4.4 & 4.5 kills your battery? I was using 4.2 i recall and when I switched over to 4.4, i went right back to 4.2. I waited for 4.5 and the same thing: it kills my battery so quick. I have a 3500ma seido battery and with the 4.2 I can go all day without it denting the battery. I don't go even have a day (less than 4hrs) and I'm down to 67%. Anyone else notice this? I might have to switch back to 4.2 rom. I love the speed of the 4.5 though.
OMJ swears (and I believe him) that 4.5 delivers good abttery life for his Evo. I, on the otherhand, and having something like the same experience you are. But I LOVE 4.5 so I have made some accomadations to give a little better battery.

~I use 5 email accounts on my phone. I set all but one to check their mail at 0500, then only check manually (when I open the account) after that. The other one I have check every hour.

~I set all other syncing apps (weather, etc) to sync as infrequently as is convinient. A manual sync is not hard to do, and why waste power syncing if I'm not looking at my phone anyway, right?

~I downgraded my PRI and NV to 1.77. There have been some reports of the latest PRI and NV (1.90) causing drain. This was the recommended action and seemed to help. (For radios go here)

~I bought SetCPU and a profile to uinderclock my phone when the screen is off.

~I clean my cache every day

None of these are new ideas, but I have found them useful. Hope it helps.