View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:10 AM
jbryson16
Lurker

jbryson16 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

hello everybody, first thing just wanted to thank everybody that puts thier time and effort into things like this with the free sharing of information. you people opened up a whole new world for me in a techie sense and for that i am extremely greatful. Im still pretty new at all this so with that being said i have a couple delimma's im hoping to get some help with. I bought my evo the day it came out and rooted it like 2 days later soon max from htc evo hacks .com put out the official video on how to do so with the toast method. I kinda fumbled through it considering i had never rooted anything or even used a command prompt on a pc or anything else. however i was triumphant in my endeaver(mostly because of the video). I never went on to unlock nand. i just started using rom manager and flashing roms mostly omj's. i just recently downloaded and flashed cyanogenmod6.1.2 and my phone started randomly rebooting. i ran fix permissions in rom manager but it didnt fix it. now all of a sudden my phone isnt recognizing my sd card/not mounting it so i cant flash another rom from the sd card obviously so im really not sure where to go from here. i was thinking maybe take the sd card out copy all the files to my computer that i want to save pictures etc then putting it back in my evo then unrooting it then wiping it clean then rerooting it. would that solve my problems? if not any suggestions? also my evo is flashed to a different carrier. would any of this interfere with that or not? PLEASE HELP!!! thank you for your time!