View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 01:30 PM
sHockz
Regular 'Geeker

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone else missing their first couple rings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
Something is seriously wrong with you guys' phone. I have done this on three different Moguls, and will do this on my new Mogul that is on its way. I even turned it down to 0, and it rings instantly, but the battery life goes to poop. So I leave it at 1 and takes about 2.5 seconds before it rings, when its set to the default 2, it takes 4.5 seconds before it rings.

Are you saving the changes?

Also, the program to aquire your MSL is GetSPC. You should be able to Google it, and it will probably link to some thread on here.

I agree with everything you said. If you set it to 0, it SWALLOWS the battery. 1 is peeeerrrffect. look for some of the battery tweaks to offset the extra consumption.

Quote from Jobine:
" 19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)"

Thread here: http://67.228.199.237/forum.ppcgeeks...ead.php?t=5108