View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 02:36 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: WiFi HotSpot - To Root or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahknow1 View Post
OK, well I just finally got a laptop to try and tether/ wi-fi to and nothing has worked so far.

Let me first say I'm totally stock Epic without root and laptop is Acer with Windows 7 Professional:

First thing I tried was PdaNet..downloaded the 64bit file onto my SD card and ran it after my phone was hooked up to my laptop? spent three hours pouring through all the FAQ' s on the site, for the life of me, I can't figure what's going on?

SO

Moving onto Mobile AP...I downloaded and tried to get it to work and do you think I could get it to? nope! Crapole, wtf? It's really weird, everything seems like its working, just says "no internet access". I see the phone on the network like a wireless router and everything? one thing that is different though...When I click on the shortcut to Mobile AP' , the check box that I get tells me it is "Activating Sprint Wireless Hot spot" NOT Mobile AP, like the picture?

Now I've just reset everything thinking that some way some how, one of my settings is hosed up? I entered the code: *#7780# My line of thinking is with all the tinkering I've done, starting from scratch can't hurt?...Oh and a windows restore point to the last known good setting too....Probably not necessary, but I just want to cover my bases?

I'll try again as soon as my contacts finish sny'ng and Windows reboots....Can anyone give me anything else to try?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated...Thanks
Paul
For PDAnet you also have to install it on the laptop..then when you plug it in you gotta make sure all the drivers installed properly via Device Manager.

As for MobileAP, how did you install it without being rooted? O.o..you have clockwork installed or no?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)